Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week One at The Mayme A. Clayton Library & Museum

During my first week at the Mayme A. Clayton Library and Museum I cataloged, developed condition reports, shelved and was introduced to cloud computing . Currently,  the NEH has a grant that provides funding to encourage innovation in the digital humanities. My main duty at the moment is to write a grant that would fund a symposim to discuss cloud computing as a viable means to organize and provide access to digital items in an archive.  Some of the participants I hope to include in this symposium is the archivist at Sony (a friend of MCLM), a digital preservationist, and local M.L.I.S. students.

At the end of this month, I will begin my personal project of processing Mayme A. Clayton's personal papers. Some item will be pulled for digitization and included in the cloud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment