Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week Three at MSA

Last Friday was Back to the School with the HistoryMakers at Dunbar High School in Baltimore. Chief Judge Robert Mack Bell, Dr. Leslie King-Hammond, and James Earl Reid were warmly welcomed by the students and had lunch with them before two school assemblies, which were unfortunately cut short due to a fire alarm.


I have about a week left of training before I start working on my main projects with the recently digitized records of the Maryland State Colonization Society. I’ll be creating case studies and writing biographies in order to inform researchers and other members of the public about the rich information within the records. I’ve posted more about the society’s purpose and history on my blog. In between training sessions, I'm also reading up on the history of the colony in Richard L. Hall's On Afric's Shore: A History of Maryland in Liberia, 1834-1857.

No comments:

Post a Comment