Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week One: Tell us about your experience!

Hello all,

my week one experience here was amazing! Yes, Dr. Smith welcomed me with opened arms, as did everyone here did. We also had lunch together. It is a close community and I am really enjoying that. I have a large office on the third floor with plenty of workspace. I was exposed to their archives, which included the Rosenwald and James Weldon Johnson collection (each over 600 boxes) as well as other processed and unprocessed collections. I started accessioning the Samuel Leonard Smith collection my first day and I have found it to be very rewarding. I don't want to drag this on too much...I would be repeating my own blog. Please check it out and subscribe: Adventures of an Archivist http://adventuresofanarchvist.blogspot.com/

I hope all is well for everyone,
Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment