Monday, September 26, 2011

Week Three at Avery


Aaisha from Charleston! Week three went really well. I worked on social media most of the week, especially after attending a webinar on subject guides (check out my blog post on archivaldaze for more).  I began working on a mock-up for Avery and it has been an interesting progression. As for archival processing I worked on Prince Hall, Order of the Eastern Star paper collection. The collection has been rehoused by an intern/volunteer, but has not been separated into series and no description has been written, so I will be working on doing that part this week (week four).

On Friday September 23rd I went to Springfield Elementary to participate in the HistoryMakers Back-to-School initiative, which I would declare a success. Look for a notice to be posted to the Avery’s Facebook page about it. Co-founder of Avery Research Center and Honorable Lucille Whipper visited the school and talked for about forty-five minutes to approximately seventy-five fifth graders. The other Back-to-School participate was Rev. Joseph Darby, who went back to Charleston Progressive Academy. I was not able to attend this one, but I am sure that it went well!

Thank you Honorable Lucille Whipper and Rev. Joseph Darby for your participation!

P.S. The photos for the Daughters of the Dust Conference have been posted to Avery’s Facebook page, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment