Monday, May 27, 2013

Amanda J. Carter: Week 38 (May 20 – May 26) @ Fisk University



Capers C.M.E. Memorial Church in Nashville, another McKissack construction
 
 
 

McKissack & McKissack Architectural and Engineering Firm Collection
Thirty-eight weeks down and one to go!  Fortunately, I have finished all the major portions of the collection.  I have even created 58 box labels and 848 folder labels and with Evelyn’s help was able to attach just under half of them.  I will add the other half next week.  Barring some minor editing of the scope and content notes, the finding aid is complete except for the blueprints section which will be verified and added next week.  Then I will need to take a few photographs of items in the collection to post to HistoryPin and put the finding aid on CD to send to National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC).  It is so great to see this all coming together just in time to end the fellowship, especially in the face of the various challenges experienced throughout the year.

Early next week our final report is due.  Since I will not be finished with the blueprints section until later in the week, I will be sending in a preliminary finding aid with my paperwork on Tuesday.  Once I finish the blueprints section, I will then send in the completed version.  That means I will probably spend the weekend gathering all of my paperwork over the year so as to condense it into a file to be sent in with the final report.  It will be busy, but well worth it to see the progress of this fellowship from start to finish.            
Future Prospects
I have not had any definite offers as of yet, but I have had multiple interviews so I know that something will be available soon.  I also recently received correspondence with the Human Resources department of one job for which I applied earlier in the month.  They wanted to let me know that a decision will be made within the next few weeks.  All in all, I am not concerned about my future prospects.  I know I am capable of handling an array of archival, special collections, or general library duties so my only hope is that I find a job that is an excellent fit.


Until the next and final week,


Amanda J. Carter
Franklin Library, Fisk University
IMLS HistoryMakers Fellow 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment