Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ardra Whitney: Week 39 @ Avery Research Center (Over and Out!)

My celebration song!

Monday, May 27th - Tuesday, May 28th:

With the two days I had left before returning to New York, I focused on bringing my labeling and arranging of folders from the Virginia Geraty Papers to completion. To expedite the process I pulled all the dated notebooks from the collection I had inventoried and labeled these folders first. Then I worked on labeling folders for the undated notebooks. I also reviewed the folder contents from the correspondence series in order to take notes, which I would use towards creating the collection’s finding aid. On Tuesday, Manager of Archival Services, Aaron Spelbring treated me to a farewell lunch at Bull Street Gourmet & Market; where we talked about our previous jobs before coming to the Avery Research Center, apartment hunting in Chicago, and the strong nose-tingly heat from my Bull Street Club sandwich’s dijonaise sauce. Before leavingProcessing Archivist, Georgette Mayo gave me a big hug and we exchanged thank you’s: her, for all my hard work during this nine-month residency and me, for all the great lessons learned and experience gained through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment