Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 16 - 20th, 2012 @ Fisk University

Hello all! Another busy week!! As I continuously processing the S.L. Smith collection (section II), I am finding more and more organizations he was involved with, but, nothing on a date of death yet. But, patience is a virtue and I will surely take that trip over to Peabody College, where he was an active Provost. I am sure they posted something in the University's press about his passing.
    This week, I also started working on the Black History Month presentation. This year's theme is Black Women. So, I decided to focus on women and civil rights, beginning with the slavery era up to Fisk's very own Diane Nash (freedom rider). 
    On Friday, I traveled to Atlanta, Georgia for a workshop on Identification and Preservation of Photographs held at the Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library. It was a day filled with professional development and networking with other Archivists. I am actively seek learning and professional development opportunities outside of the fellowship, which is supported at Fisk. I have written more detail about this week on my blog. Feel free to venture over. 


    Side Note: I celebrated my 26th birthday on Sunday! Thank God for life, health, and strength!!

Aisha Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment