Monday, January 30, 2012

January 23 -27th, 2012 @ Fisk Franklin Library

Hello all!! Another busy, yet, exciting week! Here at the Franklin Library, I participated in a "Photo Preservation through Cold Storage" workshop. I learned a lot about the entire process and when it is important to use cold storage. It looks like my networking last week at the AUC workshop paid off. Karen, a freelance Archivist, came across his date of death in a finding aid for a collection at University of Virginia...of all places, right! The date of death is September 9, 1956, he was 81 years old. There is more details about this matter on my blog.

Also, I continued to work on the Black History Month program, which will be up for display on Wednesday, February 1, 2012. I will contact the PR department to post advertisements on Fisk's Facebook and Twitter pages for students and the local communities. The program will run all month long. Lastly, I was interviewed for an article in the Tennessee Tribune newspaper. This is a historically black newspaper, so, that's exciting. It should run soon. Busy busy busy bee, I am.

Good day all!!
Aisha Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment