Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weeks Sixteen and Seventeen at the Maryland State Archives


The last two weeks were pretty quiet. I spent most of my time record stripping manumissions lists and the 1870 U.S. census for Dorchester County for our database. I’m also trying to identify where in the Maryland State Colonization Society papers there may be more information about specific colonists. I’ve begun looking through the society’s newspaper, The Maryland Colonization Journal, which frequently printed colonists’ letters but they tend to reek of boosterism.

I also enjoyed working on a crowd-sourced proposal to SAA for a new members’ roundtable. The blog and link to the proposal are here. The proposal is on the SAA Council’s agenda for this month, so hopefully it will be approved!

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment