Monday, February 13, 2012

February 6 - 10th, 2012 @ Fisk Franklin Library

Hello all!! This week was very busy, but, focused strictly on the Smith collection. So, I was able to get a lot completed. All items in the unprocessed boxes were sorted into the respected decades (I posted pictures). Next, I focused on the "collected" category of the collection. This category includes things collected by Smith, but, not authored by Smith and/or does not have a date on it. I arranged, processed, and boxed the collected and photographs (no date) categories.

Then, on to the dated categories. The first dated category is 1867-1919. After arranging and processing this section, I realized how small it was and did not feel the need to waste so much box space. I decided to combine the first two dated categories into one (1867-1929). I ended the week with 16 processed boxes. The following week (2/13-17/12), I plan to complete this dated category. Wish me luck!

Aisha Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment