Monday, February 6, 2012

Week Twenty-Two at the Maryland State Archives

Last week, I completed case studies of 6 slave holders, whose slaves fled in a mass escape of 28 people from Dorchester County. These are now on our website. I began working on case studies of emigrants to Liberia from the 5 counties that we’re studying under the U.S. Department of Education grant. A reporter from The Wave, a community newspaper in Los Angeles, interviewed me about the fellowship. The next few weeks are going to be extremely busy, so I’ve been preparing for some upcoming presentations. I had a good conversation with the deputy director of special collections about giving presentations to elementary school students. She gave me some great tips to help keep them engaged. 'Til next time.

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment