Monday, February 6, 2012

January 30th - February 3rd, 2012 @ Fisk Franklin Library

HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH!!!



This year's national theme is black women, so, be sure to learn about or teach someone about many of the great black women of black woman in history. The theme I chose to deal with black women and civil rights from various eras; slavery to the Civil Rights Movement. I created a PowerPoint of ten prominent black women discussing their achievements, efforts, and importance to black history. This ppt is projected everyday for the month of February. I also have two displays of books about/authored by black women and their civil rights efforts during the respected times.

Another busy week! I am currently working on section II of the Smith Collection. It is large and needs strict attention to detail. I created the arrangement for the decades. I am going to treat them as though they are individual collections, similar to what I did for section I (Rosenwald). Sometimes the hard work it takes to process the collections is not thought of, so, I decided to document this journey with pictures as well. It is under the S.L. Smith tab. I will update it as I go. Time is flying by!

Aisha Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment