Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weeks 22-24: an update over the last month at the Alabama Department of Archives and History

Hello and greetings from Montgomery!
A lot has happened over the last month here at the Alabama department of Archives and History, including the successful completion of my first workshop ever! This workshop, which was a basic exhibit design workshop took place on January 27, 2012 and had 25 people in attendance. Everyone was very energetic and involved and together we all learned how to build a basic interpretive plan and identify the inherent stories in any collection. In addition to my ongoing projects, I have also gone to visit potential donors and actively started planning my next public program, which will be based around the Tuskegee pictures within the Peppler Collection. I am also getting ready for two more conferences and a number of visits to neighboring repositories and archives. That’s all I have for now.

Have a wonderful day!
Cheylon Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment