Monday, March 26, 2012

March 19 - 23, 2012 at Fisk University

This week I continued to work on the Smith collection, specifically the correspondence from the 1940s. As you can imagine, Smith being a Director of the Rosenwald Fund as well as Director to other school programs, there is a large portion of correspondence....1000s. I managed to process up to 1943, which I will continue with on Monday. I plan to start working on correspondence from the 1950s next week too. Also this week, I began to work on my materials for the National Rosenwald School conference this coming June. I will present on a panel discussion concerning HBCU archives as well as a poster session documenting the S.L. Smith collection at Fisk University. I look forward to listening to Nikki Giovanni as he keynote speaker and perhaps meeting her afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment