Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ardra Whitney: Week 9 @ Avery Research Center


Monday, October 29th – Wednesday, October 31st
At the beginning of the week, I met with Processing Archivist, Georgette Mayo and Manager of Archival Services, Aaron Spelbring to discuss revisions to the finding aid draft for the W. Melvin Brown, Jr. Papers; the collection arrangement for the Edwina Harleston Whitlock Papers; and creating EAD finding aids in NoteTab. I also continued my work with drafting a finding aid for the Edwina Harleston Whitlock Papers: editing the biographical and scope and content note; revising the collection’s series arrangement and folder list and adding subject headings. Additionally, I brainstormed with Reference Librarian, Deborah Wright and Ms. Mayo about developing potential programs, workshops, events and social media initiatives to raise awareness about Avery’s archives.

Thursday, November 1st – Friday, November 2nd
By Thursday, I had begun evaluating ArtMaker, Jawole Willa Jo Zollar’s video oral history interview. Zollar is the founder of the all-female African-American dance company, Urban Bush Women. On Friday, I corresponded with Public Historian, Robert T. Chase and spoke with Ms. Wright about an e-mail from Founding Director of Lowcountry Africana, Toni Carrier, regarding Story Corps' National Day of Listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment