Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 9 at Fisk University Franklin Library

This week, I continued to process the S.L. Smith collection. Smith was the Director of the Julius Rosenwald Fund's Southern Office. As you can imagine, there is a lot of items pertaining to the Fund. Consequently, the Smith collection will be divided into two (unequal) sections. The first section is the Julius Rosenwald "related" section and this is what I am currently arranging. I plan to have this section completed by Christmas break. The second section is strictly the Smith section including papers of many organizations he was involved with. I look forward to the entire process. I am still having an amazing time here at Fisk.

Aisha Johnson
IMLS Fellow
Fisk University John Hope and Aurelia E. Franklin Library

No comments:

Post a Comment