Monday, November 7, 2011

Week Nine at the Maryland State Archives


It was quite a busy week! Collaborating with another staff member, we completed an updated brochure for the Legacy of Slavery project. In addition to my record stripping of Maryland State Colonization Society records, I attended several events. I attended the opening of the Maryland State Archives exhibit, Flee! Stories of Flight from Maryland in Black and White, at the Banneker-Douglas Museum. At the exhibit reception, I met historian Dr. Ira Berlin. Commissioner Theodore Mack, and Commissioner and anthropologist Dr. Cheryl LaRoche. Later in the week, I attended an OCLC webinar about ArchiveGrid, an archival discovery system. It’s meant to be a one-stop shop for researchers to search for archival collections around the world. To end the week, I attended a forum on social media and the government at the National Archives in D.C. For more details on these events, please visit my blog.

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment