Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 8 at the Alabama Department of Archives and History

Hello and greetings from Montgomery!




This week I started 2 of my scheduled big collections, the Charles Morgan Collection (which consists of 77 cubic foot boxes) and scanning the remaining negatives from the Peppler/Southern Courier collection. At the moment, I am inventorying the Charles Morgan Collection, and this is an interesting experience in itself. In one box...no, in one folder there was so much information on how the southern office of the ACLU was run and some of the cases it worked on...it was awesome and overwhelming at the same time! I am really excited to see what else is in this collection, and I am already taking notes on some interesting documents and cases that are still very pertinent today, especially with the current political climate and stances on human rights. I also started working on my public program and workshop! I have been able to identify two venues for my basic exhibit design workshops, which will be held in January and the spring of 2012, and identified 2 communities from the Peppler collection.



Well, that is all that I have for now. Have a wonderful week and happy learning!

Cheylon Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment