Monday, December 12, 2011

Week Fourteen at the Maryland State Archives


Last week was busy but quiet. I followed up with some people and ideas from the Bmore Historic Unconference. Thanks to one of the contacts I made there, I’ll be giving a presentation on African Americans in Maryland during the 1870s in the springtime at the Laurel Historical Society, which is in my own backyard. I’ve also been reaching out to different organizations that may be interested in having me give a presentation on careers in archives or on the work of the Study of the Legacy of Slavery in Maryland. I'm also drafting guidelines for social media use. Later in the week, I received training on the approval process for the MDSlavery.NET database and on creating cases studies. We also welcomed a new staff member, a dedicated programmer for the Study of the Legacy of Slavery in Maryland projects. 

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment