Monday, December 5, 2011

Week Thirteen at Maryland State Archivs

Last week was quite busy. I spent part of the week record stripping and conducting research of the Maryland State Colonization Society papers. On Tuesday, I led a portion of a teacher workshop in Prince George’s County. On Thursday, I attended a lunchtime lecture by local African American historian and genealogist, Agnes Kane Callum. I finished the week by attending Bmore Historic, an unconference on public history, historic preservation, and community development in Baltimore and throughout the state of Maryland. I liked this format as it was very conducive to networking and allowing attendees to share information. I led a session on social media, which was well attended and gave me some great ideas for implementing our social media initiative at the Maryland State Archives. For more on the week’s activities, please visit my blog.

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment