Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 5: Interesting occurances in archival work

Greetings from Alabama!

This week has been interesting. As I mentioned last week, I have been working on a collection of World War II love letters that was accessioned as part of another collection. For the past week I have separated these letters from the other collection, and now, when it is time to make a MARC record, I have run into a problem in filling out all of the information. Yes, I have the description of the collection, and I was eventually able to find information on the subject of the collection, but the provenance information is a little...different. I had considered to simply use the same information from the provenance of the original collection, but it felt like I was fudging it a little bit, so in the end I decided to simply not the at is unknown.  This was a real test of the archival techniques that I have learned! It was a great learning experience!

Until next week!

Cheylon Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment